PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SURGERY AND PHARMACY WILL BOTH BE CLOSED ON BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 31ST AUGUST 2015.
---- Announcements ----
It is with great sadness that we have to announce that Dr Hugh Bond will be leaving us in October 2015. After many years of fantastic service at the Three Swans, he is following a long held ambition to take up a position in a semi rural practice in Wiltshire. I am sure you will join us in thanking him for his many years of dedicated service and in wishing him all the very best for his future. We will all miss him very much.
However, we are very pleased to annouce the arrival of Dr Michele Giorgi who will replace Dr Bond from October 2015. Dr Giorgi is a newly qualified GP who is locally trained in Salisbury, most recently having been working at Harcourt Medical Practice. We are very excited to have been able to get him on board and really look forward to working with him. He comes highly recommended and we are sure he will be a hugely valuable member of our team for years to come.
We would like welcome Dr Ellie Glasspool who is has joined us as a permanent Salaried GP
We also welcome our new business manager Mr Peter Hicks. We are sharing Peter with two other surgeries, Endless Street and St Ann Street.
We are very proud to have been awarded a GOLD PLUS AWARD from the Wiltshire Investors in Carers GP accreditation scheme for our work with Carers for 2014-2014.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST
We hope you will spend a few moments completing our Friends and Family Test (see under quick links) as we are always looking for ways to improve our service to all of our patients and your feedback is important to us
Please click on the link below to see the full results, patients comments and response from the surgery
Thank you to everyone for completing our Friends and Family Test form
ON LINE SERVICES
You can now book and cancel your appointments and order your repeat presriptions 'ON LINE'
Please click on the links below
While using SystmOnline to book an appointment or order your repeat medication you will now be able to access your Summary Care record for allergies and medication
If you wish to have access to SystmOnline please call in to reception with valid identification, such as a photo driving licence, passport or bus pass and proof of residency, such as a utility bill, to complete our Access online form
We now use The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) to produce your prescription. This is an NHS service and gives you the chance to change how we send your prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice.
What it means for you:
- You will no longer need to collect your paper prescription from reception, instead we can send it electronically to the pharmacy of your choice.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy, as they will receive your prescription automacially from us, so they can have your medication or appliances ready before you arrive.
How to get your prescriptions electronically:
If you do not already have your prescriptions automactically sent by us, to a pharmacy of your choice, simpy let reception know which pharmacy you would like your prescriptions sent to. You will still receive a request slip to order any future medication or you can use our 'on line' ordering service.
For more information about EPS please click on the link below
Download the patient information summary sheet in English (PDF, 52.8kB) ( translated language versions available ).
NHS ENGLAND CARE.DATA
Following the recent changes in the GP contract practices are under a lawful obligation under the Health and Social Care Act to provide patient data to the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) (ie where national research is being undertaken). We are also obliged under the Data Protection Act to protect your data. It is important you are aware of these changes in the law. We have not provided blanket approval for extract of patient data from our clinical systems and consider each request on its merit. The information provided may be used in research to improve future health or to improve the functioning of the health service.
- This information along with your postcode and NHS number but not your name, are sent to a secure system where it can be linked with other health information.
- This allows those planning NHS services or carrying out medical research to use information from different parts of the NHS in a way which does not identify you.
- You have a choice. If you are happy for your information to be used in this way you do not have to do anything.
- If you have any concerns or wish to prevent this from happening, please speak to practice staff.
- More information can be found here: www.nhs.uk/caredata
- If you wish to opt out please click here to complete the opt out form and send into the surgery who will code your medical record.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
Tuesday 29th September
6.30pm in Meeting Room 1 at Salisbury Methodist Church, St Edmunds Church Street.
ANNUAL REPORT 2014/2015 IS NOW AVAILABLE
Please click on the link below
The Three Swans Surgery is very proud to have a Patient Participation Group. The Group meets approximately four times per year and organises educational events and helps the surgery by offering their opinion on ways we can maintain our high standard of service.
We are always looking for new members to join our Patient Participation Group and or our e-mail Patient Reference Group. For more information look under 'Patient Group' under Further Information.
The Three Swans Surgery is now regulated by the
Care Quality Commission to provide care.
Please see under 'Further Information' to find out more about CQC
(Site updated 25/08/2015)